Life after Qcodo

thread: 7 messages  |  last: about 2 months ago  |  started: friday, june 13, 2014, 4:10 am pdt

#1  |  neuroticimbecile (Manila) Philippines
Friday, June 13, 2014, 4:10 AM PDT

Hi All,

I'm still hoping for the resurrection of Qcodo, but that seems highly unlikely.

Just curious as to where you guys have you moved on to.
Which framework are you using nowadays?

Thanks.

#2  |  apselico (Trujillo, PE) Peru
Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 7:07 PM PDT

I think mane people are using qcubed.

I still think that qcodo is a great framework but without an active community there is not hope.

#3  |  neuroticimbecile (Manila) Philippines
Thursday, June 26, 2014, 10:25 AM PDT

Thank you for the reply.
I'm also using qcubed on my latest project.

#4  |  David M. Clark (Berwick, PA) United States of America Financial Contributor
Thursday, July 3, 2014, 7:56 PM PDT

I have been developing  qcubed for several years.  Don't expect much help over there. It does have some nice features but pretty much moved to github and asking question via a forum does not seem to exist any longer.  Consequently I came back to qcodo to see if it has kept up with the new PHP versions and the rest of the changes.  

So it appears that these two really great frameworks are destined to die from lack of updating to stay with new php versions.  One of my hosting companies recently made php 5.4 the base and said 5.5 within a year.   That move has forced me to make some changes to many functions ( especially on my older applications).  To get all of our users updated has taking several weeks and some early qcodo apps pretty much had to be re-done because there was so many places where 5.2 was not fussy and 5.4 is quite a bit more fussy.

The good thing is that I have tried several other frameworks and none come even a little bit close to Qcodo and Qcubed. I am not a framework developer, I am more of an appliance operator but both frameworks are so easy to modify and add functions to.  

I really wish Mike had the time and money to keep things moving or that the qcubed guys did not discontinue their forums.   At one time I felt then necessity to contribute to Mike for his work.  Perhaps that is what we all need to do again.

David

#5  |  Leonardo (Minas Gerais) Brazil
Thursday, July 31, 2014, 5:16 AM PDT

Hey people i use qcodo for long time, so now i am worried, because i don't see any acitivity in forum even update on framework. And new versions of php comming soon, who will update the core of framework to keep work?

so lets talk about this and do something.

#6  |  neuroticimbecile (Manila) Philippines
Friday, September 12, 2014, 5:01 AM PDT

#7  |  neuroticimbecile (Manila) Philippines
Friday, September 12, 2014, 5:03 AM PDT

I think our best bet for now is qcubed. It's still moving forward, and there are already plans to support new versions of php.

@David: Get a github account, you can get help in the “Issues” feature of github.

Copyright © 2005 - 2014, Quasidea Development, LLC
This open-source framework for PHP is released under the terms of The MIT License.