Qcodo 0.4.17 Released

thread: 6 messages  |  last: about 6 years ago  |  started: friday, august 27, 2010, 10:48 pm pdt

#1  |  Mike Ho (San Diego, CA) United States of America Qcodo Administrator
Friday, August 27, 2010, 10:48 PM PDT

I am happy to announce the immediate DEVELOPMENT release of Qcodo 0.4.17, which continues the iteration of a lot of the improvements over the past few dev releases.  It also incorporates a few other key things, including:

• a completely revamped QEmailServer class
  • a new SQLite3 Database adapter (“SqLite”)
  • key improvements on i18n, specifically around dates, times and datetime controls
  • and many other improvements (see the changelog for more information)

There was also some confusion that we've had as to what “minimum” PHP version we should be supporting -- folks did some great analysis and cleanup work, and I'm happy to say that we're making sure that Qcodo should work on any PHP installation from PHP 5.1.2 to the current PHP 5.3.3 (and beyond).  Although note that there may be a few functionality might not work in earlier versions (specifically on the 5.1.x branch), at least Qcodo itself should install and work.

Thanks to Marcos for all of his contributions, and I also wanted to give a quick thanks to klucznik for the work he's been doing in cleaning up and improving on a lot of the front-end code which has not made it into core yet (feel free to checkout his commits on github if you want to see more).  I'm hoping to get most of his improvements into core soon -- but since it'll take a bit of effort to merge many of his changes in, my hope is to work with him on that shortly after we get the current set of dev revisions into a stable release.

Please feel free to post with any questions or comments... feedback is always greatly appreciated.  Also, we're starting to get a bit of issues posted -- if you have some time, any code contributions for fixes would also be greatly appreciated.  Best way to submit would be to commit fixes to a specific issue to your own qcodo repository on GitHub (it's free to register), and then send me a pull request.  Thanks!

#2  |  Mike Ho (San Diego, CA) United States of America Qcodo Administrator
Friday, August 27, 2010, 11:54 PM PDT

One quick note -- when using Qcodo Updater to update your Qcodo release to 0.4.17, please note that includes/qcodo/_core/qform/QDateTimePicker.class.php is now obsolete.  We have migrated to _core QDateTimePickerBase and a user-configurable QDateTimePicker outside of _core.

So when using Qcodo Updater, you will see the warning/note about qcodo-updater trying to deleted an extraneous includes/qcodo/_core/qform/QDateTimePicker.class.php file.  As long as you have never manually edited QDateTimePicker.class.php, you should feel free to have qcodo-updater delete it.

#3  |  Mischa Kroon (Holland) Netherlands (Holland, Europe)
Sunday, August 29, 2010, 6:12 AM PDT

Great Job, was just messing around with some date time internationalisation stuff so looking forward to looking at the changes in that regard :)

#4  |  tronics (VIE, AUT) Austria
Tuesday, August 31, 2010, 9:14 PM PDT

Great stuff! Thanks. :)

#5  |  Gaspar Attila (Odorheiu Secuiesc, RO) Romania
Thursday, September 2, 2010, 5:47 AM PDT

Great!

Thank you Marcos Sánchez for added properties. Work like a charm in Netbeans 6.9.1 =)

Attila

#6  |  marcosdsanchez (Buenos Aires, Argentina) Argentina
Thursday, September 2, 2010, 11:22 AM PDT

Credits for the properties should go to the QCubed framework.

I just only ported that documentation.

It would be great if the QCodo and QCubed project could work together at least on that effort.

Copyright © 2005 - 2017, Quasidea Development, LLC
This open-source framework for PHP is released under the terms of The MIT License.