Qcodo 0.4.18 Released

thread: 9 messages  |  last: about 2 years ago  |  started: sunday, october 17, 2010, 4:25 pm pdt

#1  |  Mike Ho (San Diego, CA) United States of America Qcodo Administrator
Sunday, October 17, 2010, 4:25 PM PDT

I am happy to announce the development release of Qcodo 0.4.18.  Please provide any/all feedback as we try to push this to a stable release as soon as possible.  Thanks!

Please feel free to check out the changelog for specifics.

#2  |  Mischa Kroon (Holland) Netherlands (Holland, Europe)
Monday, October 18, 2010, 1:15 AM PDT

Great speed on these updates, awesome !!!

Quick question, what does this journaling stuff do / add?

Another very small possibility for improvement:

I'm seeing some links appearing in the changelog it might be good if these where auto converted into working links.

Great work on getting these updates out and very nice to see such a clear changelog as well :)

#3  |  Mike Ho (San Diego, CA) United States of America Qcodo Administrator
Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 11:04 PM PDT

I'll try and document the journaling stuff soon... but basically, it allows for a full record of all updates/deletes/inserts into your database that has occurred.  It's actually quite intriguing for highly data-sensitive but non traffic-intensive web applications (e.g. mission critical internal web applications that are data intensive).

(It is NOT recommended for large scale, highly trafficked web applications since there is a processor overhead for journaling)

I'll try and post more later.

In the meantime, I just wanted to let folks know that the Qcodo.com website itself and the Examples site has been updated to v0.4.18 for ongoing testing of the current release.  Please do let me know if you encounter any issues.

Thanks!

#4  |  Mischa Kroon (Holland) Netherlands (Holland, Europe)
Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 2:40 AM PDT

Ok sounds like a very interresting feature, hopefully I'll be able to find the time to give it a testrun.

#5  |  tronics (VIE, AUT) Austria
Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 8:50 AM PST

Thank you for all of these great updates.
All the best and Happy Christmas :)

tronics

#6  |  Mike Ho (San Diego, CA) United States of America Qcodo Administrator
Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 3:47 PM PST

I'm hoping so... it's a pretty stable release, with not too much in terms of critical issues, so I'm hoping to try and push the current “dev” release into a “stable” one within the next week or so.

#7  |  tronics (VIE, AUT) Austria
Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 7:36 PM PST

I have started coding a bit with the 0.4.18 release and I like it a lot.

Best,
tronics

#8  |  lucy gp (samoa) American Samoa
Sunday, November 16, 2014, 11:46 PM PST

I'm hoping to try and push the current “dev” release into a “stable” one within the next week or so.

#10  |  XolYnrac Peru
Friday, May 29, 2015, 10:09 PM PDT

Everybody look at http://www.qcodo.com/forums/forum.php/2/6446/

Copyright © 2005 - 2017, Quasidea Development, LLC
This open-source framework for PHP is released under the terms of The MIT License.