RSS incomplete?

thread: 4 messages  |  last: about 9 years ago  |  started: wednesday, november 11, 2009, 7:58 am pst

#1  |  VexedPanda (Calgary, AB) Canada
Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 7:58 AM PST

Never mind, my fault

#2  |  Mike Ho (San Diego, CA) United States of America Qcodo Administrator
Friday, November 13, 2009, 3:33 PM PST

no worries -- but actually, this does bring up another point...

Currently, the rss feeds are providing JUST posts from the Forums.

However, the structure of the new qcodo.com commenting subsystem is actually the same for the entire website, everything from Forums, Bug Tracking, QPM Posts, even Wiki entries.

So I'd like to get the RSS feed updated so that you can have a single RSS feed to see any and all changes to the qcodo website at any time.

This should be pretty straightforward, especially because all changes go through the comments subsystem, and as I said, we already have an implementation of it for the forums, specifically.  So all we're talking about is extending that to encompass all posts.

Let me know if you'd be interested in working on this at all -- the code and data model can be viewed/checked out from github.

#3  |  VexedPanda (Calgary, AB) Canada
Monday, November 16, 2009, 8:11 AM PST

That sounds pretty fantastic, but while I'd love to use it, I'm not sure I'll have the time to look at it myself. Work's got me pretty swamped right now. :)

#4  |  Mike Ho (San Diego, CA) United States of America Qcodo Administrator
Sunday, November 22, 2009, 8:15 PM PST

This is now done!  I'll go ahead and post about it in the Development Blog.

Copyright © 2005 - 2019, Quasidea Development, LLC
This open-source framework for PHP is released under the terms of The MIT License.